Two Philly natives opened the first Nurse Practitioner owned medical weight loss clinic. Located in East Mt. Airy, the then two teenage mothers would let nothing get in the way of them pursuing their dreams.
Hafeezah Salaam CRNP and Jade Lee CRNP now own the only Nurse Practitioner operated Medical Weight Loss clinic in Philadelphia.
Both born and raised in Philadelphia, they also received bachelor degrees from Temple University in 2004, Masters Degrees from LaSalle University in 2015 and also worked at University of Penn together throughout our nursing careers.
With the goal of reducing obesity rates and obesity linked conditions in Philadelphia and surrounding areas, they want to be faces in Philadelphia that other young black girls can identify with and help them to understand that anything is possible with hard work and faith.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- 10 things to know about Dîner en Blanc
- Reverend stepping down at First African Baptist Church of Darby Township
- Ross hands in resignation amid departmental allegations of sexual misconduct, racism
- Marchers believe Maurice Hill should be freed
- Tiny township saves, transforms historic quarantine station
- Historians retrace first enslaved Africans in America
- Here's who has qualified for the September debates so far
- Atlantic slave trade legacy still drives local roots of Black church
- Did Maurice Hill's lawyer save his life? His sister thinks so
- Slavery and Philly: Since arrival of first enslaved Africans, deep scars exists here, across Commonwealth
- Heston sports program a success with students
- Student embraces new journey at Heston School
- Fun ways to keep kids' minds active in summer
- 10 tips for teaching your children about saving
- Good news in the district
- Academic Calendar
- Did You Know: Pet Appreciation Week (June 2-8)
- This week in history
- Academic Calendar
- iPraxis program offers middle-schoolers STEM opportunities