Nov 17 marks the 50th anniversary of the Philadelphia city-wide Black-Student Walkout. Tribune Digital Editor Nicki Mayo spoke with protest organizer Walter D. Palmer about the day in 1967 when middle and high schools walked out of class in protest making their way in front of the Board of Education program demanding better schooling. Music by Audionautix.com
As featured on
- Philadelphia police retirements tick up in 2020 amid pandemic and protests
- Ali Salahuddin, 74, businessman and community activist
- CCP is paying off tuition debt with emergency relief funds
- President of the Fund for the School District of Philadelphia discusses tenure, accomplishments
- Philadelphia congressman Evans calls on Kenney to 'take immediate action' on reducing gun violence
- A Wedding Story: Jenea Robinson and Kenneth Edward Dean
- Inside a KKK murder plot: Grab him up, take him to the river
- Robert 'Bob' Moses, 1960s civil rights activist, dies at 86
- Man charged in slaying outside Pat's Steaks
- As Herschel Walker eyes Senate run, a turbulent past emerges
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.