The Kimmel Cultural Campus held their annual black-tie Gala on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, to raise funds to support FREE education and community programming, ensuring that all Philadelphians have access to the transformative power of the arts. Guests arrived with a red-carpet welcome, to a celebratory cocktail reception, and dinner at the Kimmel Center, followed by a performance from 10-time Grammy Award winner Chaka Khan at 8:00 p.m. at the Kimmel Cultural Campus’ Academy of Music. During the highly anticipated Gala event, Brook J. Lenfest – Philadelphian, Chairman of NetCarrier, Inc., developer, real estate investor, Board Member of The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc., and supporter of cultural institutions and education throughout the city – was honored as the recipient of the Kimmel Cultural Campus’ Center Stage Award, presented by Keith Leaphart.
Justice Stephen G. Breyer retires from the Supreme Court as Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is sworn in as first Black woman to join the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Coard: July 4th proves America's foundation is racist
- What's the best barbecue sauce?
- Popular Temple sports bar that closed is reopening as an upscale restaurant
- Ohio police officers on administrative leave after fatal shooting of Jayland Walker
- Racism is still a big problem in the US, but this trend offers some hope
- How the GOP threat in 2022 just got much uglier after Roe
- Companies aggressively marketed baby formula. Then there was a shortage
- 'Wordle' fan? The National Gallery of Art has launched a copycat