Mastery Charter School- Shoemaker Campus welcomed their 800 students with a special greeting on the first full day of school Monday morning. Former U.S. Secretary of Education for the Obama Administration, Dr. John King, and an estimated 50 men and women dressed in suits lined the sidewalk, shaking students' hands and offering well-wishes. Tribune Digital Reporter Samaria Bailey has details. Edited by Web Coordinator Jasmine Goodwin.
As featured on
Watch as President Biden travels to Tulsa, Oklahoma to deliver remarks to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa Race Massacre.
- Black-owned banks are booming, and they're pouring money back into their communities
- Exclusive: New survey highlights racism in Philadelphia
- West Philly vies to host the nation’s official Juneteenth celebration
- Philly NAACP opens way for new leadership
- Local leaders call for significant investment in Black businesses
- Senate unanimously passes a bill making Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym in Colorado
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.