Brandon Chastang , Philadelphia educator and counselor, is changing the narrative one video at a time.
After getting shot in 2004, he became addicted to Percocets that were prescribed to him by his doctor. On a downward spiral of addiction and depression, Chastang decided enough was enough and entered rehab. That’s where the idea of creating positive skits to bring awareness to the things going on in his neighborhood was birthed.
Using powerful Instagram skits to get his message across, he’s showing the youth that despite your background and circumstances you can still make a difference in your community.
The videos act out real-life scenarios on topics ranging from domestic violence, drug use & gun violence, and they all share a common thread — teaching important life lessons.
Now @B.McFly_ boasts almost 70,000 followers on Instagram. Creating a massive viewership of people not only from Philadelphia, but celebrities and athletes all over the country supporting his campaign. Chastang is hoping to spark conversation and evoke positive change within his community.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- 10 things to know about Dîner en Blanc
- Ross hands in resignation amid departmental allegations of sexual misconduct, racism
- Reverend stepping down at First African Baptist Church of Darby Township
- Historians retrace first enslaved Africans in America
- Marchers believe Maurice Hill should be freed
- Here's who has qualified for the September debates so far
- Atlantic slave trade legacy still drives local roots of Black church
- Did Maurice Hill's lawyer save his life? His sister thinks so
- Slavery and Philly: Since arrival of first enslaved Africans, deep scars exists here, across Commonwealth
- Tiny township saves, transforms historic quarantine station
- Heston sports program a success with students
- Student embraces new journey at Heston School
- Fun ways to keep kids' minds active in summer
- 10 tips for teaching your children about saving
- Good news in the district
- Academic Calendar
- Did You Know: Pet Appreciation Week (June 2-8)
- This week in history
- Academic Calendar
- iPraxis program offers middle-schoolers STEM opportunities