Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Valley Forge Alumnae Chapter, in partnership with Valley Forge National Historical Park, celebrated the 24th anniversary of the historic Patriots of African Descent monument with a wreath laying ceremony on June 3. The Patriots of African Descent is the first monument in a National Historic Park to recognize Black soldiers who fought in the American Revolutionary War.
Like most things in 2020, The Philadelphia Tribune’s Women of Achievement celebration looked a little different this year. The event, which was previously held at Philadelphia’s prestigious Union League, went digital this year in response to the pandemic.
This week in History
Weather by NBC10
- Ameen Akbar resigns from School District of Philadelphia board
- Mom says Philly native Kristen Welker will be the perfect debate moderator
- 7 ways to stay healthy (and sane) during the fall coronavirus surge
- Police: 4 shot to death, 1 stabbed to death in Philadelphia
- Black officers break from unions over Trump endorsements
- A Wedding Story: Jennifer Biancia Lewis and Richard Eddie Leon Norris
- Racial tensions and resentment persist in city courts, judge and civil rights attorney say
- Former Ben Franklin High basketball coach Ken Hamilton to be inducted into the Phila. Sports Hall of Fame
- 'Hamilton' cast reunites to host a virtual fundraiser for Joe Biden
- Outlaw grilled over police response to Floyd protests in Philly