The Kimmel Cultural Campus held their annual black-tie Gala this week to raise funds to support free education and community programming, ensuring that all Philadelphians have access to the transformative power of the arts. Guests arrived to a celebratory cocktail reception, with a red-carpet welcome and dinner at the Kimmel Center, followed by a performance from 10-time Grammy Award winner Chaka Khan at the Kimmel Cultural Campus’ Academy of Music. During the highly anticipated event, Brook J. Lenfest, Chairman of NetCarrier, Inc., developer, real estate investor, Board Member of The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc., and supporter of cultural institutions and education throughout the city, was honored as the recipient of the Kimmel Cultural Campus’ Center Stage Award, presented by Keith Leaphart.
Justice Stephen G. Breyer retires from the Supreme Court as Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is sworn in as first Black woman to join the U.S. Supreme Court.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Coard: July 4th proves America's foundation is racist
- What's the best barbecue sauce?
- Popular Temple sports bar that closed is reopening as an upscale restaurant
- Racism is still a big problem in the US, but this trend offers some hope
- Ohio police officers on administrative leave after fatal shooting of Jayland Walker
- Harris compares overturning Roe to legacy of US government 'trying to claim ownership over human bodies'
- How the GOP threat in 2022 just got much uglier after Roe
- Companies aggressively marketed baby formula. Then there was a shortage
- 'Wordle' fan? The National Gallery of Art has launched a copycat
- Barbecue tips from a pitmaster