Diahann Carroll died, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, at her home in Los Angeles after a long bout with cancer. She was 84.
In a packed dining room inside the Union League in Center City, The Philadelphia Tribune honored three Philadelphians with its History Maker Award and paid homage to others positioned to make history at the annual Christopher J. Perry/Carter G. Woodson Black History Awards Luncheon on Thursday.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Coard: George Washington's teeth 'yanked' from slaves' mouths
- Police are illegally selling guns and driving violence, says activist
- Susan G. Komen Philadelphia and City Council partner to tackle breast cancer disparities
- Back in the Day: 'Green Lady' legend struck fear into kids
- Jackiel E. Irwin-Diehl, 17, high school junior
- Attorney in Kenyatta Johnson case accuses U.S. Attorney of 'conflict of interest'
- 14-year-old "Renegade' creator capitalizes on the attention
- Activists and City Council members question police commitment to stopping gun violence in communities of color
- Danielle Outlaw talks about race, crime and the homicide rate on her third day in office
- Boudoir photography is a snapshot of self-love
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.