The global film community converged on the 71st Festival de Cannes May 8 – 19 to celebrate cinema industry leaders and preview new projects. Philadelphia’s Yolonda Brinkley, creator of Beyond Borders: Diversity in Cannes, lead two days of events focusing on inclusion, access and diverse representation in the film industry. Tribune Digital Editor Nicki Mayo talks with Brinkley about her efforts help marginalized populations struggling to have their voices heard and stories told in film.
Vincent Garrett and Kevin Gold, both teachers at the Grover Cleveland campus of Mastery Charter, decided to answer the call for leaders in the community by starting an after-school mentorship program that provides a safe space for young Black boys to bond over education and brotherhood.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Father, daughter make history with Philly fire department
- City Council passes new gun regulation in spite of state's preemption law
- Charmaine Hamilton, 60, faithful church servant
- Work on Maplewood Mall in Germantown set to begin Monday
- Long-time employee of Auditor General's Office seeks the position
- A breed apart: Former Philly cop helps raise rare dogs
- Chicago churches join growing movement of congregations paying off medical debt
- Exclusive: Michael White 'hates what happened' in Rittenhouse Square last year
- Outcome of Comcast case could roll back civil rights protections, NAACP president says
- Stretch of Broad Street to be renamed after Rev. Leon Sullivan
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.