There is no other business like the NBA. Its rainbow jump shots, rim-rattling dunks and heart-pounding drama are gleaming monuments to Black America. Nearly 80% of league players are Black. They are multimillionaire superstars, international icons and global purveyors of African American exc…
Once again, the Pennsylvania Sentencing Commission is planning to implement a Risk Assessment Tool (RAT) that could punish young Black men from the hood much more than any other group. The Commission tried before and failed before following public hearings in Philadelphia last year on June 6…
If you saw one of those “breaking news” chyrons that cable news runs across the bottom of your television saying that six people had been shot and killed and 32 had been injured, there’s little doubt you’d wonder where the latest mass shooting took place.
Alonzo Kittrels' Back in the Day
If you have not noticed, let me suggest that you take a peep at the calendar. You will see what some of my colleagues have been saying to me; this summer is moving along fast, very fast!
The ever-evolving realm of technology engagement always requires users to consider easier ways to utilize cell phones, apps, search engines and social networks. Here are some tips to a less stressful digital life experience.
Think about it this way. If every tactic that was used by African Americans in the Civil Rights Movement and/or in the fight against apartheid South Africa was either criminalized or attacked by the U.S. Congress, how would you respond?
The April unemployment rate, at 3.6%, was the lowest since December 1969. Payroll employment increased by more than 250,000, outperforming expectations and reversing the disappointing job creation numbers of last month. First-quarter growth was reported at 3.2%, a robust figure that exceeds …
W.C. Fields’ famous line, “I am free of all prejudices; I hate everyone equally,” sounded like a new motto for Rep. Ilhan Omar, Minnesota’s rising Democratic firebrand, when she took a verbal poke at, of all people, former President Barack Obama.
James A Washington's Spiritually Speaking
Forgive my sports analogy, but I have often found myself wrestling with the concepts and realities of good and evil. It stands to reason that if you believe in God and His goodness, power and the righteousness of Jesus Christ, then you must also believe in Satan and his earth-bound inherent …
Whether you are Jamaican by birth or through association it was easy to appreciate the high praise offered at the “Service of Thanksgiving” at the True United Church.
Michael Coard 2018 Archives
- Coard: Put Some 'Respek' on Black Women's Names
- Coard: Demand Change With Outlandish Judge
- Coard: Renaming a street after W. Wilson Goode is a bad idea
- Coard: Negro, please! Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas
- Coard: 187th anniversary of Nat Turner's rebellion
- Coard: Philly's ties to birth of slavery 399 years ago
- Coard: Criminal Law Procedure 101- Nat Turner School of Law
- Coard: Ten things to know about the Michael White case
- Coard: Racist, sexist, fascist Trump also a traitor
- Coard: “Operation Wetback”: America's Worst Mass Deportation
- Coard: Last slave ship docked 158 years ago
- Coard: My rebuttal to council’s rebuttal
- Coard: Kidnapping kids is so very American
- Coard: Is Council pimped out to racist labor unions?
- Coard: Will Abolition Hall and area be abolished?
- Coard: New law to predict future Black criminality
- Coard: Does NFL Mean “Negroes For Lease?”
- Coard: Philly's Jim Crow: Unions Still Laboring For Racism
- Michael Coard: Vote or Die: May Primary Endorsements
- Coard: Happy 50th Birthday to The Last Poets
- Coard: Cosby probably wishes ”Shaniqua” was on jury
- Coard: Black Coffee + Black People = Black Power
- Coard: Happy 87th birthday to the late Hardy Williams
- Coard: King Leopold: Twice the monster Hitler was
- Coard: Happy 69th Birthday, Brother Gil Scott-Heron
- Coard: Temple's proposed stadium - Black friend or white foe?
- Coard: Ota Benga, an African, caged in American Zoos
- Coard: America's 12 Slaveholding Presidents
- Coard: President Thomas Jefferson: A Pedophile Rapist
- Coard: George Washington's teeth not from wood but slaves
- Coard: America, NRA, and Congress guilty in mass shootings
- 40th Anniversary of Cheyney's Basketball Championship
- Black history: We did it ... they hid it
- Coard: Black History 'Month' must be daily, not yearly
- Coard: Happy birthday to the greatest pro-Black revolutionary bibliophile
- Coard: Happy birthday to America's greatest white lawyer
- Coard: We got Krasner in and we got his back
- Coard: Four things you didn't know about Watch Night
- Coard: Looking for a Black b---h on the judicial bench
- Coard: Pa. proposes to 'predict' Black criminality
- Coard: Black, white Philly sistahs help abolish slavery
- Coard: CNN fires Marc Lamont Hill for seeking Palestinian justice
- Coard: Cheyney keeps accreditation again
- Coard: Know Thanksgiving instead of celebrating it
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks get no thanks, deserve no benefits
- Coard: Vote Democrat or Die- Election Endorsements
- Standing on the Shoulders: The Black Philadelphia Lawyer
- Coard: Tuskegee syphilis study’s Black ‘guinea pigs’
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks commit suicidal lynchings
- Coard: Celebrate Charles Bowser's 88th Birthday!