ATLANTA — I had no idea mermaids couldn’t possibly be African-American. I had no idea mermaids were white either, but apparently they are. Apparently, mermaids are exclusively white.
One can only venture a guess how President Donald Trump’s xenophobic tweets directed at four freshman congresswomen of color over the weekend were received by his base, but I’m pretty certain that many of them heard something along these lines:
Alonzo Kittrels' Back in the Day
Some of you may have read my column last week. If so, you may recall that the focus was on how listening skills have diminished today in comparison to the degree in which people listened in the past.
The ever-evolving realm of technology engagement always requires users to consider easier ways to utilize cell phones, apps, search engines and social networks. Here are some tips to a less stressful digital life experience.
Think about it this way. If every tactic that was used by African Americans in the Civil Rights Movement and/or in the fight against apartheid South Africa was either criminalized or attacked by the U.S. Congress, how would you respond?
The April unemployment rate, at 3.6%, was the lowest since December 1969. Payroll employment increased by more than 250,000, outperforming expectations and reversing the disappointing job creation numbers of last month. First-quarter growth was reported at 3.2%, a robust figure that exceeds …
W.C. Fields’ famous line, “I am free of all prejudices; I hate everyone equally,” sounded like a new motto for Rep. Ilhan Omar, Minnesota’s rising Democratic firebrand, when she took a verbal poke at, of all people, former President Barack Obama.
James A Washington's Spiritually Speaking
Forgive my sports analogy, but I have often found myself wrestling with the concepts and realities of good and evil. It stands to reason that if you believe in God and His goodness, power and the righteousness of Jesus Christ, then you must also believe in Satan and his earth-bound inherent …
It seems that human rights is becoming more and more of an issue, not just in the United States but in the Caribbean and Latin America as well. How much can we trust law enforcement to treat us fairly and respect our rights?
Michael Coard 2018 Archives
- Coard: Put Some 'Respek' on Black Women's Names
- Coard: Demand Change With Outlandish Judge
- Coard: Renaming a street after W. Wilson Goode is a bad idea
- Coard: Negro, please! Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas
- Coard: 187th anniversary of Nat Turner's rebellion
- Coard: Philly's ties to birth of slavery 399 years ago
- Coard: Criminal Law Procedure 101- Nat Turner School of Law
- Coard: Ten things to know about the Michael White case
- Coard: Racist, sexist, fascist Trump also a traitor
- Coard: “Operation Wetback”: America's Worst Mass Deportation
- Coard: Last slave ship docked 158 years ago
- Coard: My rebuttal to council’s rebuttal
- Coard: Kidnapping kids is so very American
- Coard: Is Council pimped out to racist labor unions?
- Coard: Will Abolition Hall and area be abolished?
- Coard: New law to predict future Black criminality
- Coard: Does NFL Mean “Negroes For Lease?”
- Coard: Philly's Jim Crow: Unions Still Laboring For Racism
- Michael Coard: Vote or Die: May Primary Endorsements
- Coard: Happy 50th Birthday to The Last Poets
- Coard: Cosby probably wishes ”Shaniqua” was on jury
- Coard: Black Coffee + Black People = Black Power
- Coard: Happy 87th birthday to the late Hardy Williams
- Coard: King Leopold: Twice the monster Hitler was
- Coard: Happy 69th Birthday, Brother Gil Scott-Heron
- Coard: Temple's proposed stadium - Black friend or white foe?
- Coard: Ota Benga, an African, caged in American Zoos
- Coard: America's 12 Slaveholding Presidents
- Coard: President Thomas Jefferson: A Pedophile Rapist
- Coard: George Washington's teeth not from wood but slaves
- Coard: America, NRA, and Congress guilty in mass shootings
- 40th Anniversary of Cheyney's Basketball Championship
- Black history: We did it ... they hid it
- Coard: Black History 'Month' must be daily, not yearly
- Coard: Happy birthday to the greatest pro-Black revolutionary bibliophile
- Coard: Happy birthday to America's greatest white lawyer
- Coard: We got Krasner in and we got his back
- Coard: Four things you didn't know about Watch Night
- Coard: Looking for a Black b---h on the judicial bench
- Coard: Pa. proposes to 'predict' Black criminality
- Coard: Black, white Philly sistahs help abolish slavery
- Coard: CNN fires Marc Lamont Hill for seeking Palestinian justice
- Coard: Cheyney keeps accreditation again
- Coard: Know Thanksgiving instead of celebrating it
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks get no thanks, deserve no benefits
- Coard: Vote Democrat or Die- Election Endorsements
- Standing on the Shoulders: The Black Philadelphia Lawyer
- Coard: Tuskegee syphilis study’s Black ‘guinea pigs’
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks commit suicidal lynchings
- Coard: Celebrate Charles Bowser's 88th Birthday!