Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz gets it. So does his teammate and Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz along with his wife, soccer star Julie Johnston Ertz.
”The sad truth is that Ahmaud’s case isn’t unique at all. He is a representation of the ongoing level of distrust that a large part of our com…
It's easy for white folks to recoil from Amy Cooper once we've had a front row seat to her rage-filled voice turning trembly and fragile when …
Are we doing enough to protect the seniors in the African American community during the COVID-19 pandemic?
I am a political science professor and researcher, but lacking child care, I count myself lucky to work a few hours each day.
Last month, President Donald Trump followed through on a threat to temporarily cut U.S. funding to the World Health Organization.
As soon as Popeyes’ officially launched its new fried chicken sandwich nationwide last year on Aug. 12, many Black folks all across the countr…
COVID-19 has created an unprecedented societal crisis for our nation, changing life for nearly every American. The crisis’ magnitude demands a…
As the human family across the world copes with the crisis of COVID-19, this global catastrophe has magnified the crisis within the crisis: Bl…
Nearly everyone is talking about “The Last Dance,” ESPN’s sports documentary miniseries that revolved around Michael Jordan and his last seaso…
A traitor is someone who commits treason, which is defined in Article III, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution as follows: “Treason... shall consist... in... adhering to... enemies... [by] giving them aid and comfort.” It’s also defined in the U.S. Code at 18 U.S.C. Section 2381 as follows: “…
Ahmaud Arbery, Emmett Till, Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner, Rekia Boyd, Michael Brown, Tanisha Anderson, Sean Bell, Kayla Moore, Tamir Rice, Albe… Read more
For the first time in American history, exactly 35 years ago, a city government, in conspiracy with a state government, officially bombed and … Read more
In the words of The Last Poets on “Blessed Are Those Who Struggle” on their 1977 “Delights of the Garden” album, Read more
On April 14, Michael White publicly requested help. He said he didn’t need money but instead needed legal assistance because- despite having b… Read more
The fees charged- better stated, the robberies committed- by phone companies at county jails, state prisons, federal detention centers, and fe… Read more
In the words of Public Enemy, “Don’t Believe The Hype!” Read more
In my capacity as an attorney and a Tribune columnist, I’m providing the following legal information as a public service to the readers. Read more
If you spent any time in front of a television set, the greatest brainwasher of the 21st Century before the explosion of social media, following the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, you may have been lured into believing the mythology that was being promoted.
If you are like most, you can follow the protocols — primitive as they may be — for dealing with coronavirus: Wash your hands frequently, avoi… Read more
You know that you have reached the fork in the road when you arrive upon an issue so incendiary that justifications for both its support and i… Read more
The theory of six degrees of separation contends that, because we are all linked by chains of acquaintance, you are just six introductions awa… Read more
Imagine being surrounded 24 hours a day by uber-violent hood rats whom you know will remorselessly kill you, a family member or a loved one fo… Read more
There is a reason why Henry Ford’s grandson, Henry Ford II, was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom and not the grandfather, a geni… Read more
“I’ll be back more often.” Read more
I don’t envy Danielle Outlaw. Read more
Alonzo Kittrels' Back in the Day
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the lives of all of us and will continue to change our lives in the future. Read more
This past Christmas, our son gave us a large, flat-screen television for our family room to replace the smaller screen television. After movin… Read more
That drop of water that fell softly to the ground wasn’t precipitation, it was a tear. It was a sign that something went terribly wrong in the birthplace of America over the weekend.
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz gets it. So does his teammate and Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz along with his wife, soccer star J… Read more
Nearly everyone is talking about “The Last Dance,” ESPN’s sports documentary miniseries that revolved around Michael Jordan and his last seaso… Read more
These troubling times. Read more
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve known that people with pre-existing chronic conditions are more vulnerable to becoming infected. At this point, the CDC has found that 78% of people admitted into intensive care for COVID-19 had at least one underlying chronic condition.
Yet another annual event cancelled due to COVID-19 that has ravaged the world, with the United States leading with over 101,000 coronavirus deaths.
Michael Coard 2018 Archives
- Coard: Put Some 'Respek' on Black Women's Names
- Coard: Demand Change With Outlandish Judge
- Coard: Renaming a street after W. Wilson Goode is a bad idea
- Coard: Negro, please! Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas
- Coard: 187th anniversary of Nat Turner's rebellion
- Coard: Philly's ties to birth of slavery 399 years ago
- Coard: Criminal Law Procedure 101- Nat Turner School of Law
- Coard: Ten things to know about the Michael White case
- Coard: Racist, sexist, fascist Trump also a traitor
- Coard: “Operation Wetback”: America's Worst Mass Deportation
- Coard: Last slave ship docked 158 years ago
- Coard: My rebuttal to council’s rebuttal
- Coard: Kidnapping kids is so very American
- Coard: Is Council pimped out to racist labor unions?
- Coard: Will Abolition Hall and area be abolished?
- Coard: New law to predict future Black criminality
- Coard: Does NFL Mean “Negroes For Lease?”
- Coard: Philly's Jim Crow: Unions Still Laboring For Racism
- Michael Coard: Vote or Die: May Primary Endorsements
- Coard: Happy 50th Birthday to The Last Poets
- Coard: Cosby probably wishes ”Shaniqua” was on jury
- Coard: Black Coffee + Black People = Black Power
- Coard: Happy 87th birthday to the late Hardy Williams
- Coard: King Leopold: Twice the monster Hitler was
- Coard: Happy 69th Birthday, Brother Gil Scott-Heron
- Coard: Temple's proposed stadium - Black friend or white foe?
- Coard: Ota Benga, an African, caged in American Zoos
- Coard: America's 12 Slaveholding Presidents
- Coard: President Thomas Jefferson: A Pedophile Rapist
- Coard: George Washington's teeth not from wood but slaves
- Coard: America, NRA, and Congress guilty in mass shootings
- 40th Anniversary of Cheyney's Basketball Championship
- Black history: We did it ... they hid it
- Coard: Black History 'Month' must be daily, not yearly
- Coard: Happy birthday to the greatest pro-Black revolutionary bibliophile
- Coard: Happy birthday to America's greatest white lawyer
- Coard: We got Krasner in and we got his back
- Coard: Four things you didn't know about Watch Night
- Coard: Looking for a Black b---h on the judicial bench
- Coard: Pa. proposes to 'predict' Black criminality
- Coard: Black, white Philly sistahs help abolish slavery
- Coard: CNN fires Marc Lamont Hill for seeking Palestinian justice
- Coard: Cheyney keeps accreditation again
- Coard: Know Thanksgiving instead of celebrating it
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks get no thanks, deserve no benefits
- Coard: Vote Democrat or Die- Election Endorsements
- Standing on the Shoulders: The Black Philadelphia Lawyer
- Coard: Tuskegee syphilis study’s Black ‘guinea pigs’
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks commit suicidal lynchings
- Coard: Celebrate Charles Bowser's 88th Birthday!