Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden held a fundraiser at the Carlyle Hotel in New York [last] Tuesday night; you may have heard about it.
Last weekend, 28 persons were shot and five of them were killed in 19 separate incidents throughout the city. That means, so far this year, 625 persons were shot and 135 of them were killed. And during that time, approximately 2,000 guns were confiscated by police.
I’m willing to bet that Mayor Jim Kenney and Police Commissioner Richard Ross wish they had thousands more Philadelphians with “gang connections” — as DeSean Jackson was once so unfairly stereotyped as having — replicating the heavy lifting in the community that the Philadelphia Eagles wide …
Alonzo Kittrels' Back in the Day
As I move further into my twilight years, I often find myself reflecting on the challenging times of my life; but my main focus is on the good times.
The ever-evolving realm of technology engagement always requires users to consider easier ways to utilize cell phones, apps, search engines and social networks. Here are some tips to a less stressful digital life experience.
A few months ago, I did a radio program with a researcher who new study revealed a shocking finding: The killing of unarmed black men by police, not only traumatizes the victim’s family; but it also traumatizes black people who have no connection, other than just hearing about the incident.
Think about it this way. If every tactic that was used by African Americans in the Civil Rights Movement and/or in the fight against apartheid South Africa was either criminalized or attacked by the U.S. Congress, how would you respond?
The April unemployment rate, at 3.6%, was the lowest since December 1969. Payroll employment increased by more than 250,000, outperforming expectations and reversing the disappointing job creation numbers of last month. First-quarter growth was reported at 3.2%, a robust figure that exceeds …
W.C. Fields’ famous line, “I am free of all prejudices; I hate everyone equally,” sounded like a new motto for Rep. Ilhan Omar, Minnesota’s rising Democratic firebrand, when she took a verbal poke at, of all people, former President Barack Obama.
James A Washington's Spiritually Speaking
Forgive my sports analogy, but I have often found myself wrestling with the concepts and realities of good and evil. It stands to reason that if you believe in God and His goodness, power and the righteousness of Jesus Christ, then you must also believe in Satan and his earth-bound inherent …
Mangoes have really become popular in these parts of the United States. “There was a time when Caribbean people had to plan a trip back to their homelands in order to enjoy a good juicy mango,” said Yvonne D a Philadelphia resident who hails from Trinidad & Tobago. “When I immigrated to …
Michael Coard 2018 Archives
- Coard: Put Some 'Respek' on Black Women's Names
- Coard: Demand Change With Outlandish Judge
- Coard: Renaming a street after W. Wilson Goode is a bad idea
- Coard: Negro, please! Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas
- Coard: 187th anniversary of Nat Turner's rebellion
- Coard: Philly's ties to birth of slavery 399 years ago
- Coard: Criminal Law Procedure 101- Nat Turner School of Law
- Coard: Ten things to know about the Michael White case
- Coard: Racist, sexist, fascist Trump also a traitor
- Coard: “Operation Wetback”: America's Worst Mass Deportation
- Coard: Last slave ship docked 158 years ago
- Coard: My rebuttal to council’s rebuttal
- Coard: Kidnapping kids is so very American
- Coard: Is Council pimped out to racist labor unions?
- Coard: Will Abolition Hall and area be abolished?
- Coard: New law to predict future Black criminality
- Coard: Does NFL Mean “Negroes For Lease?”
- Coard: Philly's Jim Crow: Unions Still Laboring For Racism
- Michael Coard: Vote or Die: May Primary Endorsements
- Coard: Happy 50th Birthday to The Last Poets
- Coard: Cosby probably wishes ”Shaniqua” was on jury
- Coard: Black Coffee + Black People = Black Power
- Coard: Happy 87th birthday to the late Hardy Williams
- Coard: King Leopold: Twice the monster Hitler was
- Coard: Happy 69th Birthday, Brother Gil Scott-Heron
- Coard: Temple's proposed stadium - Black friend or white foe?
- Coard: Ota Benga, an African, caged in American Zoos
- Coard: America's 12 Slaveholding Presidents
- Coard: President Thomas Jefferson: A Pedophile Rapist
- Coard: George Washington's teeth not from wood but slaves
- Coard: America, NRA, and Congress guilty in mass shootings
- 40th Anniversary of Cheyney's Basketball Championship
- Black history: We did it ... they hid it
- Coard: Black History 'Month' must be daily, not yearly
- Coard: Happy birthday to the greatest pro-Black revolutionary bibliophile
- Coard: Happy birthday to America's greatest white lawyer
- Coard: We got Krasner in and we got his back
- Coard: Four things you didn't know about Watch Night
- Coard: Looking for a Black b---h on the judicial bench
- Coard: Pa. proposes to 'predict' Black criminality
- Coard: Black, white Philly sistahs help abolish slavery
- Coard: CNN fires Marc Lamont Hill for seeking Palestinian justice
- Coard: Cheyney keeps accreditation again
- Coard: Know Thanksgiving instead of celebrating it
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks get no thanks, deserve no benefits
- Coard: Vote Democrat or Die- Election Endorsements
- Standing on the Shoulders: The Black Philadelphia Lawyer
- Coard: Tuskegee syphilis study’s Black ‘guinea pigs’
- Coard: Non-voting Blacks commit suicidal lynchings
- Coard: Celebrate Charles Bowser's 88th Birthday!